Friday, April 12, 2013

A Letter To My Sister

Dear Kakak,
It's been couple of weeks already since your wedding day. So how does it feels to finally found someone to love whole heartedly for the rest of your life?

I didn't miss you that much though. Because things haven't changed that much between us. You are you. Knowing you for my entire life is.. amazing. 
It still feels like.. yesterday. When we were walking together after school hours, with our cute backpack, holding hands, telling how I get annoyed with my silly friends and you told me about your scary teacher. Did you remember that I always turn my head on you everytime Papa ask me, "Dek pergi sama Papa yuk." I'll answer with "Mau, tapi sama Kakak juga ya Pah." 
You are my everything. My trend setter, my role model. As an older sister you have this thing that others won't be able to see, unless of course, if they are your younger sister. You love me too much. That, I could tell. There are no days when you wouldn't ask "Dek mau titip apa? Kakak lagi di sini nih." You're always been that kind of girl who's able to prioritize everyone. If it were you, nobody gets left behind. Even until you have Mas Ido by your side. That ability of yours never fails to amaze me. One caring daughter and sister.
Did you have your first argument with Mas Ido already? Is it big? What is it about?
Oh God knows we fight a lot. We fight about everything. Did you remember our first fight? 
It was when we were kids and it's your birthday. We were celebrate it at home, the party hasn't started, but I was just being.. me. I was hungry, so I simply ate your birthday cake, a tiny part of it. And no, you didn't mad at me. You were smiling and said "Ma, adek laper."
That's so you, Kak. You always protect me from everything. Even from my own mistakes.

And during those wedding preparations, there are days when you look like you're about to explode. Yet there are also lots of beautiful moments when I saw your shining and bright look. Your pre-wedd photo session for example. With those balloons and city lights, both of you look extremely happy.

On those rough days I never see you blaming others, not even once. Though sometimes I could see that you look exhausted yet you didn't complain about anything. Those fights with Mom, those tiny little details about catering and invitations that you both prepared by yourself. You look so excited. Those days showed me that you guys are in love. Madly in love. I remember there are times when you are being so annoying when things gets a bit messy. But then I saw Mas Ido make fun of those messiness and you'll laugh. Effortlessly happy. You want everything to be perfect. And it is, for me, one perfect wedding.
Later on, when you found some obstacles or difficulties on your marriage life.
Or when the honeymoon ended and this wedding party euphoria passed.
I want this letter to be a small reminder of how happy life could be. 
You make him happy. He makes you happy. Both of you makes all of us happy.
So please, be happy, and I know you will, with Mas Ido by your side.

I Love You, both.



No comments:

Post a Comment