Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Surprise Surprise!!!


I love surprises. Being the one who's giving one, or else, being the one who receive the surprise. I love them both. To be involved in one particular thing, the idea just to make sure the people who's celebrating their birthday is being happy.. Wonderful feeling.


Things don't always go as planned. We've failed. A lot of times. In Reyner's birthday for instance, it's... Total chaos. We went all together to the airport with all the balloons, birthday's hats yet he saw us right before the cake arrived. But who cares? It never is about the cake, the hats nor the successful plan. It's the thought. Being there just to make sure the birthday boy got a proper birthday greets. Creating a lifetime moment which will make you smile once you remember it. It's all worth the effort.


Then it came to my birthday. It was July 22nd, 2012. I was at Anesthesia Departement at that time, having my night shift at the operation room. Yep. Having your night shift on your birthday was... Not a good idea. And the idea to switch schedules with one of my friend wasn't a good idea either, due to a very tight shift schedule. So there I am. Having my night shift on July 21st. And it was... Hectic. Some of the operation didn't went well. Me and my friend were running around to help the residents. It was unusual. And there you go, around 1 a.m my boyfriend texted me, telling me that he's waiting for me and I have to go outside to meet him because he got something to give. Then i went outside, he brought me to the rooftop of the emergency unit. And yes. Everyone's there. everyone I love. My best friends, my sister and her boyfriend, candles, gifts.. It was.. Magical. We even lights some lampions on. I feel.. special and blessed to be surrounded by people who love me that much. That would definitely be one of my most favorite day. They did it. It was more than a birthday surprise for me. I remember clearly how i feel when I saw them, that indescribable wonderful feeling.


A lot of things will eventually 'get old' but not (never) surprises. For they are the doers of magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment